This intern will work in conjunction with the Community and Public Affairs Department with the execution of community programs, events, and program development. Special focus on Diversity Initiatives and programs around specific diverse and multicultural audiences. Programs include Jackie Robinson Essay and Poetry Contest, Disability Awareness, Latino Celebration Summer reading programs, African-American Heritage Weekend, Youth Baseball Camp; Softball initiatives etc. Intern will also assist with events for the department which may include game day support and Pirates Charities events.
• Assist in the development and coordination of major events including diversity outreach, reading programs, Heritage Weekend, etc.
• Handle general office duties such as data entry, copying, filing, etc.
• Develop and manage the Pirates diversity database.
• Represent the organization at community functions where key community contacts may be in attendance.
• Coordinate ticket distribution programs through outreach to non-profit organizations and community groups (i.e. Awareness Series/Give-Back Days).
• All other duties as assigned by the Manager of Diversity Initiatives.
• Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited institution.
• Candidates majoring in Business Administration, Communications, Sports Management, or related area.
• Junior, Senior, or Graduate level students.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.)
To apply for this internship, please visit http://careers.pirates.com/
Applicants will be required to submit a cover letter, resume, and provide references
Post written by Kelly Kane
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Intern for the Pittsburgh Pirates!
The Pittsburgh Pirates are looking for a Diversity Initiative Intern.