20-Year Club Annual Scholarship
This is a one-time award which will be applied towards tuition and books during the 2014-2015 academic year.
$2000 Scholarship Eligibility
· Full-time undergraduate student enrolled at RMU
· Minimum 60 credits (at least 30 earned at RMU); Maximum 90 credits
· Minimum GPA = 3.00
Note: full institutional tuition scholarship recipients are not eligible. Also, previous winners of the 20-year club scholarship are not eligible. The scholarship winner will be selected based upon a blind review of applications by the 20-year scholarship club committee. Committee members will review the application and the required essay to determine the winner. To receive an application, please email Dr. Cathleen Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org. (The application is pasted in below.) Applications are to be submitted electronically to Dr. Jones and must be received by April 16, 2014.
20-Year Club Annual Scholarship ApplicationThe application is to consist of two Word documents: a title page and an application. Please submit them as separate documents to email@example.com . No personal information is to appear on the application itself, just the title page. Applications must be received by April 16, 2014.
Eligibility• Full-time undergraduate student enrolled at RMU
• Minimum 60 credits (at least 30 earned at RMU); Maximum 90 credits
• Minimum GPA = 3.00
• Note: full institutional tuition scholarship recipients are not eligible. Also, previous winners of the 20-Year Club scholarship are not eligible.
ReviewReviewers will use the following criteria when evaluating the application and the essay:
• Degree of involvement with RMU and beyond
• Scholastic accomplishments
• Free of grammatical errors.
Title PageInclude the following information on the title page: name, student #, home address, telephone #, date of birth.
3. What is your career/professional goal? Write it here:
4. If employed, how many hours per week do you work on average?
5. What type of employment is it? Briefly describe here:
6. List your activities, honors, awards, and recognitions since enrolling at RMU:
7. List any extracurricular activities you have been involved in since enrolling at RMU. Include any offices or positions you held.
8. List your service to RMU, the community, and/or nonprofit/religious organizations since enrolling at RMU.
EssayPlease attach a 300-500 word essay (double-spaced) on ONE of the following topics:
1. Think about a time when you had to decide between taking a risk and playing it safe. What choice did you make? Would you make the same decision again? Why or why not?
2. Think about the statement “Individuals Matter” and explain how you personally experienced this concept at RMU.
3. Describe your career aspirations after leaving RMU. Explain how your experiences at RMU have prepared you for that career.
4. Describe your biggest challenge while attending RMU and how you overcame the obstacle/s related to that challenge.